Do you have trouble sleeping at night? If so, you”re not alone. The majority of American adults have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. Sleep disfunction is caused by a multitude of factors, and its consequences can be severe. It”s especially harrowing to learn that those who don”t get enough sleep are at an increased risk for serious diseases like cancer, heart disease, and obesity.
With this in mind, if you”re among the millions who struggle to get enough sleep every night, then perhaps you should avoid these photos below. Why? Because they are downright terrifying. A few of them might even be classified as pure nightmare fuel.
You”ve been warned…
1. Waiting patiently.
2. A pig born in Chernobyl, Ukraine, after the 1986 nuclear meltdown.
3. The creepiest abandoned mental hospital I”ve ever seen.
4. The face on the TV.
5. Performing a creepy ritual.
6. Imagine coming around the corner to see this face greeting you…
7. Nightmare fuel.
8. No thank you.
9. The world”s creepiest Halloween masks.
10. Paused the video at the wrong time.
11. Never stop smiling.
12. The Tower of Silence in Mumbai, India. Bodies are left here and eaten by scavenging animals.
13. And the award for creepiest graffiti goes to…
14. I really hope this is just a still from a movie.
15. Not what you want to see when you”re walking down a dark hallway.
16. A human face without the muscles.
17. She”s been waiting for you all winter.
18. Can you spot the demon lurking in the background?
19. From the side of the road…
20. Standing in his field.
Another downside of being too terrified to sleep is that I”m also too terrified to do anything. I guess I”ll just pull the covers over my head and rock back and forth, whimpering softly to myself until the sun comes up.