If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliche that must have been left behind in the 60s, thats a problem. Peace and love are eternal.–John Lennon.
Thursday, October 9th would be John Lennon”s 74th birthday if he wasn”t tragically assassinated on December 8, 1980. We may know his quotes and lyrics, but did we really know him? His body may be long buried, but his spirit through music still lives within us. In honor of the near quarter century of his spirit touching the earth, here are some things we”d like you to remember about John.
1. The last photograph taken of John Lennon while he was living was this one here, taken with his killer, Mark David Chapman.
2. His favorite album of all time was The B-52s self titled debut.
3. Lennon often said hed rather have been a member of Monty Python than The Beatles.
4. John was the last Beatle to learn how to drive. He got his license at 24.
5. In the 60s Lennon bought his own island off the coast of Ireland.
6. Without glasses, he was legally blind.
7. Lennon found out later in life he was dyslexic.
8. The last time John saw Paul, they were watching Saturday Night Live together in Johns New York apartment.
9. As a boy John was a choir boy and a boy scout
10. It was Bob Dylan who introduced marijuana to Lennon and The Beatles.
11. John Lennon collected Beatles memorabilia.
12. Lennon would drink 20 to 30 cups of tea or coffee every day.
13. He loved to play Monopoly.
14. Lennon was self-conscious about his large nose.
15. John was expelled from school for misbehavior at age 5.
16. John was deeply hurt when a reporter labeled him the fat Beatle in 1965. He began to eat much less.
17. John Lennon hated his own singing voice.
18. He was the only Beatle who didnt become a full-time vegetarian.
We love you, John. Happy Birthday, buddy.